Saturday, June 25, 2011

What is the Happiness Project?


the happiness project

I started reading this book called The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin.  While randomly strolling through Target lingering in the book & magazine aisle, I was drawn instantly to this book.  I recognized the look & the title because I had come across her blog about the subject probably about a year and a half ago.  I thought it was interesting and read the blog a bit at the time, but I was so new to the world of blogging I must have passed it by because I was opening myself up to a lot of magical exciting bloggy goodness for the first time ever.  I'm glad to come back to this happiness project thing.  Having a tangible book feels really good, and it simply has all the important stuff in one spot.  

So what is this happiness project anyway?  The author described a feeling of not really being depressed, but unhappy.  She felt like she had a pretty good life, but wasn't fully appreciating and enjoying it like she should.   This is her journey to happiness.  I've read the first chapter so far, and I'm really inspired to do my own happiness project.  I can really relate to Gretchen when she talks about how she feels about her life.  Overall pretty happy with it, but frustrated, stressed, and cranky.  So why, and what can we do about it?

I thought it would be fun to start my own year long happiness project (why not start in July?!), and document my own progress here about once a month or so.  Does anyone want to do this with me?  I'm constantly reading about some type of "self help" type thing, and this seems really fun.  You can find out more about the Happiness Project here.

2 comments:

Megan said...

oooh this sounds awesome!
I read the happiness project about a year ago and loved it! it was such a fun and inspiring read.

Megan

Nicole Coffin. said...

This reminds me that I need to finish that book! I haven't felt like blogging much this month, so I had forgotten all about this post. Oops! :P