Sunday, August 7, 2011

pencil me in






*all photos borrowed from Pinterest

It's back to school week around here.  Have you picked up your school supplies?  I love pencils.  Of all the school supplies, the pencil is at the tippy top of my list.  Did you know that pencils don't actually contain lead?  You can read all about the history of the pencil here , if you're a school supply nerd like me.  School supplies are one of my very favorite things.  I buy them every year, even when I'm not going to school.  Nothing feels quite as fresh (besides a shower of course) as a brand new notebook.  Words cannot describe how it feels to open up a box of new crayons, the nostalgic smell & pretty colors sitting so patiently, waiting to make a dull page brilliant.  Speaking of crayons, do you remember this?



I love how Mr.Rogers was such a calm kid show. We need more of those calm shows for today's children.  So, what's your favorite school supply?

p.s. if you want links to the above images (like where you can buy the neat-o "cheat sheet" pencils) just click on the Pinterest link, which will take you to my "pencils" board, where you can find links to more info.

4 comments:

Charlie said...

This is my favorite Mr. Rogers episode ever!!! People think i'm crazy because I remember it! :)

Nicole Coffin. said...

You're not crazy Charlie. Mr. Rogers was awesome.

Molly D said...

Holy cow I die for that manicure!

velvet-tangerine.blogspot.com

Nicole Coffin. said...

I know Velvet Tangerine! Crazy cool.